Yes, I’m a little bit late to say it’s for the blogiversary of Eats Plants, Reads Books but I have decided to host a giveaway anyway because random free books are the best kind of books. I have put together a list of some of my favourite books; and some that I am most looking forward to getting to read. All you have to do to win two of your choice of the below reads is subscribe to Eats Plants, Reads Books and tweet/retweet this post. That’s it* Winner will be selected at random on Sunday 8th April, and will be sent their chosen reads directly via Book Depository.
So, which of these wonderful books would most like to get your mitts on? Will you choose one of the books I selected in celebration of women’s writing for International Womens Day, or will you go for one of my more recent selections? I’m dying to hear which of these brilliant books you are most interested in 🙂
*Full terms and conditions after the jump!
1) To enter you must be subscribed to Eats Plants, Reads Books and have tweeted/retweeted this post at least once. Each retweet will count as an additional entry. If your email name does not match your social media handle it is your responsibility to notify me so that your entry is counted. Subscription must be live at the time of competition closing to be a valid entry (you may unsubscribe at any time).
2) Following @eatsplantsreadsbooks on Instagram, or @cgeagan on twitter will also count as one entry only if the conditions of point one above are fulfilled.
3) Winner will be selected at random on Sunday 8th April 2018 and will be notified on Monday 9th April (because we could all use good news on a Monday!)
4) Winner will need to provide full name and postal address. Your public handle only will be listed on the blog in the announcement of the winner.
5) Winner may select two books from the books listed in this post as their prize. Books will be posted to the winner directly by the Book Depository. If the winner choses a book that has yet to be released, the book will be dispatched to them at publication.
6) Competition is open worldwide – but if delivery of a given title is not possible to their location, the winner may be asked to substitute that title.
Titles available are:
- Carpe Jugulum by Terry Prachett
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
- Moonglow by Michael Chabon
- Needlework by Deirdre Sullivan
- Never Anyone But You by Rupert Thomson
- Paradise by Toni Morrison
- Skin Deep by Liz Nugent
- Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
- The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf
- The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín**
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Sexual Politics of Meat by Carol J Adams
- We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang
**Will substitute Book 2, ‘The Invasion’ if winner prefers
****UPDATE: COMPETITION CLOSED****
Congratulations to Sheila McGirr, and thank you to everyone who entered!